Thursday 29 May 2014

Summer blushin'

From left, Crochet, Guipure and Chantilly.


Hello all - before I get started I must quickly apologise for being a bad blogger of late, I haven't blogged in just over a week and I have felt a little bit guilty about it but it's been a combination of me being extremely busy at work, accompanied with having an uninspired blogger blip - blogger's block, we've all had this from time to time, right?

Anyway, enough of my rambling and onto my latest post, Summer blushin'... The title probably gives away the fact that I'm having a 'I love Grease phase' and also the fact that I'm wanting to tell you all about a blush palette that's sure to get you in the mood for summer. It's not quite June yet but this palette really has me looking ahead to the summer months.

Sleek's Blush by 3 Palette in Lace (RRP £9.99) is a thing of orange-toned beauty. Yep, orange. Totally out of my comfort zone but I'm totally fine with it.

The palette contains, as you'd expect, three shades. These include: 
  • Crochet: a matte orange
  • Guipure: a warm, coral-toned pink with a metallic gold shimmer
  • Chantilly: a matte, reddy coral



My favourite shade in the palette is Crochet, which comes as a total surprise to me, as I tend to stick to pretty pinks or shimmery corals. My love for this orange shade comes as a complete shock, especially as I'm so fair skinned but surprisingly it suits me, it totally warms up my complexion and teamed with a subtle contour, adds definition to my cheekbones.

Guipure is also a winner but that's because it's one of those pinky coral shades that I would usually go for. In fact, I think it's the exact same blush that's in Sleek's Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette.

Chantilly is the only shade I'm not 100 per cent sold on... yet. On first application I looked like I'd been slapped, not good! It needed a great deal of blending out before I looked okay again. I plan to try this with my Real Techniques Stippling Blush, which should hopefully do the trick. *fingers crossed*

Despite my fair complexion I feel this palette actually works well for me, and as I've mentioned does wonders in warming up my pale face, so I have no doubt that this trio will look fabulous on darker skin tones.

As I've previously mentioned on the blog, Sleek's Blush offerings are up there with the best of them, the selection of colours is superb, the pigmentation and lasting power is excellent, and accompanied with the small price tag, they're a total winner and this palette is no exception.

What beauty products are getting you in the mood for summer?


Follow me on Bloglovin':

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11870233/?claim=7hx5e9ntq8w">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


No comments:

Post a Comment