Monday 18 August 2014

A Body Shop haul




Hello all! I don't like to start a post with a grovelling apology but I feel as though I owe it to those of you who take the time to check out my little corner of the internet.

As I've mentioned previously working full time and blogging doesn't always go hand in hand but this past month or so has been a little more crazier than usual... I won't talk work for too long but last Friday I left the weekly newspaper I've worked at for two years, as I've been offered a job at one of the dailies in the same company. On top of the job changeover, work was non-stop as ever. Oh and I even had the opportunity to interview the Prime Minister. Sorry, I had to drop that in there! ;) So now am I forgiven?

Anyway enough of my blabbering and grovelling... Time for some beauty!

I'm sure you were expecting a (belated) July favourites from me but if I'm honest, drawing up a July favourites list was a tricky one as I could only really think of two products that truly deserved a mention and I didn't want to force a post, so instead look out for a July/August favourites post in the coming weeks! So instead this post is centered around a little splurge I had in the Body Shop recently.

In recent months I've noticed the Body Shop garnering a real following in the blogging community. I know it's one of those shops that's been on our high street for years but I've never really given it too much thought until recently.

This splurge features a combination of skincare, body and even, a homeware product! Here are my (early) thoughts on my purchases.

Body Butter in Papaya - £13

As I'm sure most of you are aware, you can be stood like a kid in a candy shop trying to choose which Body Shop Body Butter you're going to leave the store with due to the immense choice available. On this occasion I opted for Papaya, simply because the scent screamed summer to me. It smells light, fruity and refreshing. Post use, I'm left smelling delicious and my skin is left hydrated and supple.

Vitamin E Eye Cream - £11

I've been after a good eye cream for quite some time as I suffer with dark under eye circles. While perusing the shelves I spotted this and thought I'd give it a whirl as I'd heard many a rave review on the Vitamin E range. Sadly I haven't found this to be overly effective for me. I've been using this daily and after a couple of weeks I haven't noticed a reduction in my dark under eye circles. I will persevere nonetheless and let you know if I notice an improvement.

Vitamin E Face Mist - £8.50

My friend/product enabler Clare swears by this stuff, so on her recommendation I had to pick up a bottle of this. It claims to be "instantly refreshing" and a "moisture boost". I have to say it is refreshing and has been welcome during the slighter warmer days of our British summer. It's great for this time of year and brilliantly I'm off to Italy later this week on holiday, so I'm sure this will serve me well over there!

Elderflower Unperfumed Eye Gel - £7

This is a lovely boost for tired eyes. Cooling and refreshing, a dab of this under each eye will certainly wake you up and revive you after a long day. The jar is perfect to pop in your bag on days when you know you'll be out for longer than usual.

Facial Massager - £6

I'm yet to try this but was intrigued after reading Grace from TGG's glowing reviews of this tool. This massager has a nodular design to ensure an in-depth massage of the skin without dragging or damaging the skin tissue. You roll this in gentle upward movements across your face, after your nightly skincare routine. The massage is supposed to help stimulate circulation, improving the skin's natural radiance, and encourage better absorption of moisturiser. I will keep you posted on how I get on with this.

Mandarin and Tangelo Body, Room and Linen Spritz - £7

I love citrus scents and this is no exception. I've only used this as a room and linen spray, and it's proved to be a good purchase. After a spritz or two, the room smells lovely and fresh, without overpowering your nostrils. Lovely!


Thanks for reading folks, I now have my sights set on trying the Body Shop's Camomile range in the near future! What's your favourite Body Shop range?



Follow me on Bloglovin':

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11870233/?claim=7hx5e9ntq8w">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

3 comments:

  1. oooh, I love The Body Shop but have actually never tried one of their linen sprays - good to know that they're pretty effective!

    Kitty
    www.kittyblackadder.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend :) I'm looking forward to my next splurge in The Body Shop already! x

      Delete
  2. Hey Ni, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. Keep up all the hard work :)

    ReplyDelete