Tuesday 4 March 2014

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

If somebody asked me to sum this foundation up in two words, it would have to be 'dewy goodness'.

Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation was a real chance purchase for me during the middle of last year. I decided to give it a go as I'd heard a lot of beauty bloggers sing its praises and also due to the fact that I had started to shun drugstore foundations, and for two reasons, the first being:

  1. I'm a firm believer in the old saying: "you get what you pay for" and I can be a bit of make up snob.
  2. Plus, I'd had some negative experiences with drugstore foundations in recent times, Bourjois' Healthy Mix foundation didn't last more than four hours on my face. The patchy look was not a good one.
Rimmel claims that the product gives an "anti-fatigue effect and radiant glow", which I totally agree with. The foundation is said to contain "radiance pearls" which aims to illuminate the face, with peptides and SPF 15.

On application, the foundation goes on seamlessly giving my skin a natural looking glow. I prefer to apply the product with my fingers, rather than using my trusty Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.

This is a medium coverage foundation and I find it lasts me all day (10 hours) when applied with powder, which is excellent considering the £8.99 price tag.

My initial two word description of 'dewy goodness' may frighten some but please don't be alarmed because I've never found it makes my face look shiny. However bear in mind, my skin type is normal to dry.

I use the shade 100 - Ivory.

Overall, an excellent everyday foundation that has restored my faith in drugstore brand foundations.







Follow me on Bloglovin':

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11870233/?claim=7hx5e9ntq8w">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment