Tuesday 15 April 2014

A naughty and wholly unnecessary drugstore haul

As the title suggests this is a bit of a naughty post. This documents a recent half an hour I spent in Boots and I just thought I would show you what ended up in my basket.  After a busy working week not so long ago, I fancied a couple of cheap and cheerful drugstore pick-me-ups.

A number of these purchases are inspired by some of my favourite bloggers who have been raving about some of these products recently and a couple are products I've tried before. Anyway before I ramble on any further I will crack on with telling you what I bought:






Nivea In shower Body Moisturiser - £3.56

I first tried this stuff ages ago but this is only the second time I've bought this. It's lovely, it contains almond oil, so it leaves my skin feeling extremely soft post shower. It smells delicious too. However, the real selling point for me is that it saves you moisurising after you've showered and as I'm sure I've probably stated on the blog before, I'm all for corner cutting products!

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation - £6.99

I haven't tried this yet but this is a purchase inspired by the wonderful Faye from Faye's Fix. She's been raving about this recently and I decided to see what the fuss was about. She likens this to Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation. Ever since using and LOVING, I hasten to add, Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation, I'm more open minded towards drugstore foundations and expect big things following on from my recent Rimmel experience. Rimmel says this foundation is enhanced with Sapphire Radiance for an illuminating glow, which sounds pretty lovely to me. My only concern with this is I think I may have bought a shade that's too light for me! Yep, you read that correctly, a pale Prudence like me may have found a drugstore foundation too light for her. This is actually a big deal and even if this is too light for me, kudos to Rimmel for catering for paler complexions. FYI - I have this in the shade, Light Porcelain. 

 VO5 Smoothly Does It Tame and Shine Spray - £3.89

This is one of the few purchases that isn't a naughty one. This is just a really good heat defence spray and a product that I repurchase time and time again. Nothing more to say on this really.

Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean 3-in-1 Wash off Deep Purifying Cleanser - £8

Another product that I'm yet to try but extremely looking forward to using is this creamy cleanser, which contains supposedly 'super' T-zone decloggers, antioxidant-rich Peach and Gojuice extracts and detoxifying Oxyginseng technology. This smells exactly how you'd imagine, peachy! I can't wait to get stuck in with this as my past experience with Soap & Glory skincare has been pretty good.

L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara - £8.99

I'm looking forward to livening up my lashes with this mascara. This was mostly an impulse purchase but it was also partially inspired by my love of a L'Oreal mascara, the False Lash Telescopic, which is my holy grail mascara. The Miss Manga mascara is all about the volume, whereas I find the False Lash Telescopic to be more lengthening really, so this could mix it up a bit for me.

Simple Kind To Skin Purifying Cleansing Lotion - £2.99

This may well be the unsexiest product you will ever find. That sentence may sound bad to you but trust me it isn't, this product has been good to me. This is a product I will always repurchase without a second thought, it's reasonably priced and does what it says on the bottle and it's kind on my sensitive skin. It's loyal to me and I will always return that loyalty by repurchasing. After all, you can't go wrong with a bit of Simple really can you?

Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer - £7.99

I bought this in the shade Light. This was an Essie Button inspired purchase, so surely that means I don't need to elaborate any further? If she loves it, I'm sure it's excellent. I also like the look of the sponge applicator. I'm hoping this hides away those pesky dark circles of mine, which I do suffer from occasionally.

Collection Cream Puff Lip Cream - £2.99

Cheap, cheerful and another Faye from Faye's Fix inspired buy. I have these in the shades Cotton Candy, which is a 'your lips but better' pink, and Fairy Cake, which is a bright but not too bright pink. Despite applying creamy, these have a matte finish, which I love and I don't find them to be too drying like many other matte formulas can be. Another plus point is how sweet these smell. Lovely!

Look out for full reviews of these products in the future!

Thanks for reading!



Follow me on Bloglovin':

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11870233/?claim=7hx5e9ntq8w">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>










No comments:

Post a Comment