Saturday 19 April 2014

Eat Up, Shrewsbury

This post may come as a bit of a shock to you all as there isn't a mascara or cleanser in sight! Today's post centres around one of my favourite things to do in my sparetime - dine out!

One example of Eat Up's fun decor - the bike on the wall.


Photographic evidence of how well my outfit suited the decor (haha).

This week I've had some long overdue days off and one of my afternoons was spent window shopping and enjoying a late lunch with my boyfriend at a lovely restaurant in Shrewsbury called Eat Up.

He'd had lunch there not so long ago and really enjoyed it, so based on his high praise, this place had to be good surely? And was it? Why, of course.

The first thing that struck me about the venue was the fun and super cool decor. The restaurant is filled with big tables and benches, as well as other stand out features to add to the fun and relaxed atmosphere - such as a bike on the wall and the 'naughty table', which is packed with calorie-laden goodies.

Speaking of calorie-laden goodies, I shall get onto the important bit... the food.

After we ordered and were served our drinks (I went for the Cloudy Lemonade, Michael went for a Beer, of course), I ordered the 'Most Amazing Steak Sandwich' (that's what it said on the menu), and it was actually the most amazing steak sandwich I've ever had! It was gorgeous! It was served alongside some salad leaves, on toasted bread, with red onions and unlike many steak sandwiches I've devoured in the past, the steak wasn't tough at all. Michael opted for the Sweet Potato Falafel, Halloumi Crostini with Chantaray Carrots, Tzatziki, Houmous and Salad stuffed Pitta, which he'd had before and once again really enjoyed. We also had a side of Wedges to share with sour cream and a sweet chilli dip. The wedges were BEAUTIFUL - I only wish we'd have had a bigger portion but that's just me being greedy!

The 'Most Amazing Steak Sandwich' and the Wedges.


 The Sweet Potato Falafel, Halloumi Crostini with Chantaray Carrots, Tzatziki, Houmous and Salad stuffed Pitta.


Despite both being more than satisfied with our lunch, both having a real sweet tooth, we couldn't resist a visit to the 'naughty table' - it took me quite a bit of 'umm-ing and arr'ing' but in the end I went for a generous slice of Carrot Cake, while Michael opted for a slab of Rocky Road. The Rocky Road was superb!


The desserts, back, the Carrot Cake, front, Rocky Road.


Other points I must comment on are the friendly and welcoming service and the price, all this came to around £30, which I think is reasonable for both our lunches, desserts, drinks and coffee.

Delicious food, served in a fun and friendly atmosphere - what more could you ask for really? I will definitely be returning here!

To check out Eat Up's menu, visit: www.eatupshrewsbury.co.uk


The Cloudy Lemonade looked too pretty not to take a snap of!


Follow me on Bloglovin':

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11870233/?claim=7hx5e9ntq8w">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>



No comments:

Post a Comment