Thursday 24 April 2014

Essie Button made me...

The title of today's post speaks volumes about me. Firstly, I'm a beauty addict but an easily led beauty addict at that. A product can sell itself to me but occasionally I do need the gentle nudge of fellow beauty bloggers to inspire a purchase... or eight.

This post features eight products I bought largely off the back of glowing reports from one of my favourite beauty bloggers, Estée from Essie Button. If you don't know who Estée is, she's a Canadian blogger, vlogger and YouTuber, who lives in London. She blogs under the name of Essie Button. Her blog is a joy to read and her videos are equally brilliant to watch. She's utterly hilarious, has superb taste in all things beauty, skincare and life in general, oh and she's ACE! Right, enough of the Essie Button love fest and onto the products:




Barry M Hi Shine Gel Effect Nail Polish in Lychee - £3.99

With their vast array of colours and reasonable price tag, Barry M's nail polishes are some of the best offerings on the high street. However, their Gel Effect Nail Polish formula really is something special. In two coats, you get wonderfully shiny nails that don't chip easily. Last year, Estée (and the rest of us, including myself) fell in love with the shade, Lychee, which is a lovely nude-grey shade. Ideal for daily wear.

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner - £13

Like most women out there I have a real love/hate relationship with liquid eyeliner. I hate applying it, however when it does go on well, I love it. Who doesn't love a good winged eye after all? Estée has sang this product's praises no end, she claimed it was the best liquid eyeliner she's ever tried. With that kind of review, how could I leave Boots without this? Unsurprisingly, this has lived up to her rave reviews. It's the perfect black liquid liner, the pen makes for easy application and it doesn't budge throughout the day!

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain in Honey - £7.99

Estée’s readers know her love of Revlon's range of lip products. These Clinique Chubby Stick dupes took the high street by storm around two years ago and I do see why I suppose. I found these products okay but just that unfortunately, I have the shade Honey (Estée's fave), which is a lovely, 'your lips but better' kind of pink. My gripe with this product is it fades so easily, which is fine for some but I don't tend to reapply my make-up too much throughout the day, so it's a little annoying for me. Thankfully this kind of shade isn't too high maintenance, so it doesn't look silly once it has faded but it is just as though nothing was ever there. A plus point however, is the minty scent. I love mint scented lip products!

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake and Tutti Frutti - £7.99

More Revlon lip products here. The beauty blogging community went mad for these, including Estée, of course and I can totally see why. These are somewhere between a lip balm and a lipstick and they are lovely. They're extremely hydrating and there are a brilliant variety of shades to choose from. I opted for Strawberry Shortcake, which is another one of those 'your lips but better' pinks, and Tutti Frutti, which is an orangey coral. These go on sheer, which means their staying power isn't incredible but having such a balm like formula, I was expecting that really.

Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Eyeshadow in On and On Bronze - £4.99

A product that Estée and every other blogger adores, including myself! This cream formula eyeshadow is excellent worn alone or as a base for other eyeshadows - it makes a wonderful companion for Urban Decay's Naked Palette I've got to say! Despite its low price tag, its longevity and quality mirrors that of a high end branded product. Estée's signature shade is On and On Bronze or Bad to the Bronze, as its named in the States and Canada.

Bobbi Brown Corrector in Porcelain Bisque - £18.50

I love this, Estée loves this... (Did you read that to the tune of the Barney the Dinosaur theme tune...? No, sorry, I will carry on). I love this little wonder, as you will know if you read my February favourites post. This works fantastically to combat that sometimes dark under eye area of mine. Its slight pink tint cancels out the darkness and with it having a creamier consistency than most concealers, it works a little better for me in my under eye area. A total gem, thank you Estée for introducing me to this.

Dior Hydra Life BB Eye Creme - £30

Last year, Estée and I had something in common, we ventured into the wonderful - albeit expensive world of Dior cosmetics and we fell for them, hook line and sinker. A BB eye creme sounds ridiculously extravagant and quite frankly unnecessary, and yes it is BUT this is a lovely product. The coverage is by no means heavy duty at all, which may not satisfy some but I'm all about the no make-up make-up look and this works great for me. The price tag is the product's only real snag but it's Dior, need I say anymore? (Poet and I did not know it)

Hope you enjoyed reading this post. Are there any beauty bloggers that inspired some of your beauty purchases? If so, what products were they and what bloggers tempted you into those purchases?



Follow me on Bloglovin':

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11870233/?claim=7hx5e9ntq8w">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>






6 comments:

  1. I have most of those because of Essie Button's recommendations, they're all really good products
    http://emhasrednails.blogspot.co.uk/
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are excellent products. The Revlon's Balm Stain was the only one I was a little unsure of - I don't know anyone else who really agrees with me on that one though! Haha - I shall check out your blog :) thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  2. I love Estee and her recommendations are amazing ! that strawberry shortcake lip butter looks so bright in your photo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed :) her recommendations are lethal on the purse! It does! On application it's quite sheer really x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Essie Button :D I'm always watching her videos <3 I love the Lychee nail polish its one of my favourites :) x x
    http://lauren-loves-paris.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) ditto! I'm raving about that and one of the new spring shades, in my latest post: http://betternithannever.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/having-moment-with-barry-ms-hi-shine.html xx

      Delete