Saturday 5 April 2014

Review of Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water and Express 2 in 1 Eye Make-up Remover

You cannot step into a Boots or Superdrug these days without seeing a brand's take on micellar cleansing water. Over the past year or so, micellar water has started appearing from all corners. They're a super fast way to cleanse your skin and remove your make-up. They contain micelles which act like magnets that gently lift away make-up.



The craze started with THE 'big mama' of micellar waters, Bioderma.

(Forgive me for my sins, I have a bad beauty blogger confession to make: I've never tried Bioderma anyway moving swiftly on...)

With the cult following behind Bioderma, of course it was only a matter of time before drugstore brands caved and started producing their own versions as Bioderma hasn't always been the easiest product to get hold of in the UK. When L'Oreal brought out their version I was excited, I repurchased time and time again but a few bottles down the line my skin was starting to disagree with it. It ended up drying out my skin, as well as leaving it a little red, accompanied with a slight stinging sensation. Nicht gut! So when I heard that Garnier had released their version of micellar water I had to have it right away!

Firstly, the packaging of Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water really drew me to the product. It's fairly similar to Bioderma with its round bottle and pink lid.

Secondly, it's excellent value for money. At 400ml it's double the size of L'Oreal's cleansing water but they're priced the same. (RRP - £4.99) However, I must say both Garnier and L'Oreal are on offer most of the time in Boots and Superdrug.

Now to the crucial bit, does Garnier's version work for me? And the answer is yes it does. I use this as my pre-cleansing step, before I use a cream cleanser. It removes the bulk of my make-up without drying out my skin. It's extremely gentle, soothing and hydrating. I'm thoroughly enjoying using it so far and intend to repurchase it. However, I do not use this for removing my eye make-up, which leads me onto Garnier's Express 2 in 1 Eye Make-up Remover. (RRP - £3.50)

This stuff is excellent. This biphase eye make-up remover is enriched with Arginine, which helps to care for your lashes - meaning I don't lose half my lashes while removing my mascara. Most other eye make-up removers (I'm looking at you L'Oreal Absolute Make Up Remover Eye & Lip) leave my eye area quite oily, whereas Garnier's doesn't. My only criticism is a 125ml bottle of this stuff does not last long, I'm going through it fast!

Overall, I must applaud Garnier on this new cleansing duo of theirs - both of these are brilliant products that require no harsh rubbing to remove your make-up, just simply hold down with a cotton pad for a few seconds and voila - make-up gone. I will certainly be repurchasing both of these in the future.

Have you tried this duo yet?


Follow me on Bloglovin':

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11870233/?claim=7hx5e9ntq8w">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>



No comments:

Post a Comment