Sunday 30 March 2014

March favourites

This post has come around way too fast. I know we all say it about every month but March has whizzed by, so of course what would the end/beginning of a new month be without me sharing with you what my most loved beauty products were throughout the month?

March has been a great month for me. This is the month I kicked off all this blogging shizz and I haven't regretted it one bit. It's something I've always intended to do but never quite got my act together in doing until now - so I must say, if you're thinking about doing something that you know you'll enjoy, do it. Don't think twice about it, just get on with it!

That's my advice for the month, time to crack on with these favourites.




Seventeen Cheek Stamp Blush in Made You Look - £4.99

Ah, the product that kicked my backside into blogging. It's special to me for that reason but sentimental stuff aside, I've really enjoyed using this. Applied with no thought, you will look insane and I don't mean that in the 'insane, sick good' way - you will look like Aunt Sal if you don't blend it in properly. However, applied correctly this will give you a delightful pop of colour. I use my Real Techniques Stippling Brush with this and they make an excellent team. I bought three shades of this blush but this shade is my favourite by a country mile. I love the bright pink blush and fair skin pairing. Made You Look certainly lives up to its name. This blush still shows up on my cheeks come the end of the day, which I think is excellent for the price you pay for this. Click here for my for my initial thoughts on the product.

Real Techniques Stippling Brush - £11.99

This isn't just a March favourite, it's a 'until the end of time favourite' but this month in particular it's served me well. I only ever use this for applying blush. As I mentioned previously, this and Seventeen's Cheek Stamp Blush make a good team but this brush works fantastically with all blush products of mine, powder or cream formula. Bright pink blush signifies the beginning of spring for me and this brush has enabled me to create the 'spring bright' look effortlessly.

L'Occitane Shea Butter Subtle Violet Hand Cream (30ml) - £8

This little beauty's habitat is my desk at work. I've been using this for the past month or so and it's really improved the general condition of my hands. The harsh winter months took their toll on my hands, making me look as though I worked outside all day, doing manual labour! This isn't me saying there's anything wrong in undertaking some hard graft by the way but when you're a young woman who doesn't do manual labour, it isn't exactly the look you strive for. Anyway, enough of me rambling on about manual labour stricken hands. Basically, this product is rich and moisturising but without being greasy, plus the scent is lovely. It's not too overbearing at all. Just gotta put this out there: the best hand cream I've ever tried.

Avene Soothing Hydrating Serum - £17*

Since being sent this product for review, it's become a staple part of my skincare regime, providing my skin with a welcome boost of moisture. Post use, my skin is left feeling soft and supple, without feeling greasy. So far this has been a joy to use. Click here for my initial review on the product.

Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effect Foundation in 71 Abricote Clair - £9.99

This foundation is probably a blast from the past for some. This foundation isn't one that many Bourjois stands stock now but when I stumbled across this a while back something gravitated me towards it. I never got to try it back in the day, so I felt like I'd missed out in some ways I suppose. I've been using this throughout the month, as my previous everyday foundation (Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation) is running low. So far, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It stays on my skin all day, the coverage is quite light, leaving me with a non-cakey looking face. I think this product could revitalise the dullest of complexions. A product that lives up to its name in my opinion - 10 hour sleep effect indeed.


Hope you've all had a wonderful March and have an even better April. I have a feeling April will be a cracking month (no Easter pun intended) but seriously the nights will be lighter and the chocolate eggs will be aplenty - what more could you ask for really?

Follow me on Bloglovin':

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11870233/?claim=7hx5e9ntq8w">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>



No comments:

Post a Comment