Tuesday 6 May 2014

Cafe Radio's Tapas night



Brace yourselves people, for this is my second post in under a month that doesn’t involve me harking on about the contents of your local Boots!

A few weeks back, my friends and I fancied a girls night involving lots of good food, accompanied by a tipple, so we decided to poke our heads around Café Radio's door in Oswestry and it just so happened it was tapas night!

Café Radio is a fab, little place - by day serving an excellent cup of coffee and good food, however every Friday and Saturday night, the café holds a tapas night from 6.30pm to 10pm, when you can bring your own tipple, which you have to pay a small charge for doing so.

For some time now I’d heard many a good review on their tapas nights but never quite got round to trying it out for myself and I’ve got to say I wish I’d have sampled their tapas sooner!

I believe the tapas menu changes every week – correct me if I’m wrong…

There was a decent selection of tapas on offer, for the mains in particular you are spoilt for choice!

We opted for the Olives and Catalan Toast as our starter. You can’t really go wrong with Olives, so of course they were good. However, the Catalan Toast was the highlight for me. It reminded me of bruschetta. It was delicious, there was just the right amount of tomatoe-y topping, and it was extremely flavoursome.

Olives.


The Catalan Toast - apologies for the poor picture!


For our main, we went for the Bavette Steak, which was beautiful! It wasn’t tough at all. By that point, Clare had had a tipple (or three) and she summed it up just perfectly: “It’s just SO MOIST!” – Clare reminded Jade and I of this several times throughout the meal. 

To accompany our steaks, we had the Patatas al Povre, which is a tasty dish of thinly sliced, fried potatoes with a few chillis. 

Our mains - the Bavette Steaks and the Patatas al Povre.


Despite well and truly filling our boots, noticing that Chocolate Pots with salt and olive oil was a dessert option, we simply could not turn it down.

Chocolate Pots with salt and olive oil.

Don’t get me wrong, dessert was delicious and the salt and olive oil added an excellent kick to it but for me there was simply too much, which meant it bordered on being a quite sickly, so I unfortunately couldn’t finish it. If it was a smaller portion, it would’ve been perfect!

As well as there being plenty of good food to choose from on the menu, I must also add that the overall atmosphere of the place is lovely, and extremely relaxed. The staff are very attentive and friendly. They were happy to chat and answer any of our queries.

Despite us being lucky and getting a table at the last minute, I would suggest booking prior to the night to avoid missing out.

I think overall the tapas (starters, main and dessert) costed around £20 per person, which I think is excellent value for money.

I could not recommend Radio’s tapas nights enough and I intend to return in the very near future.

Thanks for reading! Let me know if you decide to try out Radio’s tapas night for yourself based on my recommendation!


Follow me on Bloglovin':

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11870233/?claim=7hx5e9ntq8w">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment