Saturday 17 May 2014

Pore blimey, you can't beat a good freebie!



You can't beat a good magazine freebie every now and then, and this month Elle Magazine have really pulled out all the stops as they are giving away a free sample of the POREfessional Pro Balm by Benefit.

This freebie could not have come at a better time for me as I'm currently running out of my full sized POREfessional and despite being a total POREfessional devotee, at £24.50 for 22ml, I'd been putting off parting with my hard earned pennies, so Elle's "pricey for a magazine" £4 price tag really didn't sound so bad in comparison to that.

The magazine sample offering's size is 7.5ml which I think is pretty good, and will last me around two months.

This is one of the most talked about products in the beauty blogging world, it's a real "marmite" product - you either love it or hate it, as stated I'm a total devotee, I love it.

But why do I love it you ask? Well, first and foremost, it's described as a "silky, lightweight balm for translucent pore coverage and smoother-than-smooth skin", and I can confirm it does a sterling job in "blurring" the appearance of my slightly enlarged pores around my nose, which I think is largely due to it being a silicone primer.

(FYI - Silicone primers provide a smooth base for your foundation, as the silicone fills in any pores and fine lines.)

As well as that, it's not heavy on the skin at all and applies ever so smoothly. This can be used over or under your foundation. I always use it under, as it smooths out my skin tone, giving me a flawless base, that helps my make-up to last all day/night.

When I first used this, I was a little taken aback as it does have a slight beige-y colour to it but fear not, as that disappears once you've blended it in.

For me this product does everything that it claims to do, and I do feel it warrants the hype that surrounds it.

I highly suggest you head over to your nearest newsagent and pick up this month's copy of Elle, if you haven't tried the POREfessional yet - this product should be on every beauty lover's list of products they must try!

I may even buy another copy of Elle for this...

I would love to hear what primers you swear by, as I'm in need of some suggestions. Thanks for reading!



Follow me on Bloglovin':

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11870233/?claim=7hx5e9ntq8w">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment